Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pilot

The fuck I was doing??! The exam is just two days away and here I am wanking off. I just don't feel like diving back into the books anymore, so here I am having my own sweet time creating a blog from scratch and efficiently burning my time away.

Anyway, like most series I've watched so far (except for Sherlock maybe), they all begin with pilots. And now I'm giving this blog one. Not to say I've never written an entry before.... in fact I had so many miserable, failed attempts at sustaining a fucking diary (the least failing attempt was 1 year ago when I got shunned and decided to have a book as my confidante).... well, this pilot marks my first attempt at electronic journalism. As I often told my friends (boasted, I think), journalism is the path I've always wanted but never realized. But sometimes I don't even have the slightest crave to tell stories, like all the amazing authors and storyboard artists and comic artists around the world do. Pure laziness kicking in. And uh, also, I indulge in escapism. Just looked up on that, by the way. I fantasize farm-boy-to-hero stories A LOT. Their humble origins intrigue me. Their adventures and paths to be the O-Chosen One wows me. The prophecies give me the butterflies (though I usually disgustingly brushes prophecies off as dumb cliches). The most intoxicating part is that every story of this kind is always written in the first person's POV, which can, odd enough, inexplicably drag you into the depths of that awesome world, where 'you' are the protagonist of that fabled world. Sometimes it will leave me reeling when I have to snap back to the reality. Okay, let's face it, it's not 'sometimes', it's 'every-time'. Unbelievably exhausting and exasperating.

So whether this will be a feeble attempt to caricature the life of an extraordinarily ordinary boy, or a mere distraction from my awful escapism addiction, or a one-time emotional vent, time will tell. Even I couldn't see to the end of all of this.

Ciao. (Wanted to write more, but my senses said no. I have a paper to tend to. Oh well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment