I'm utterly surprised by my exceedingly consistent ability to procrastinate. It even took me hours to type these first few lines, literally. I've dawdled through my post-exam moments, my vacation to the haven for blue tears (though to be disappointingly frank, there weren't much of them), and my disastrous Ipoh trip with my friends. New Year's resolutions, too simple to make, too hard to realize. Mine was three words: Get Shit Done. And seriously, I'm drowning in pools of shit and poo every day I put off my stuff.
I made up my mind not to make blogging as a burden I used to have while I was keeping a tedious diary entry per day last time, so maybe I'll repress my OCD from kicking in and giving me pangs of guilt if I lapsed or missed an entry. Anyway, back to my plans. Before I'm going to burn away my short-lived semester break (like I did to my many other breaks), I want to make and keep a personal list of the things I would like to do during this brief getaway.
A. Important stuff
1. Get my CV done and complete the god-knows-what online internship system ASAP.
2. Go look up and do some survey on local companies for internship purposes. Preferably companies in Tasek or IGB. Top Glove, I suppose.
2. Get my quotation stuff done and update the adviser.
3. Get started with the tedious arrangement and editing of the program booklet.
4. Get the numbers from my room mate. And call the press. The schools. The radio stations. Oh what the hell. I shouldn't have taken that job.
B. Not-So Important Stuff (Leisure??)
1. Download Sherlock Ep. 2 and 3. Heard 'The Lying Detective' was a blast!
2. HM nostalgic walk-through. Hopefully for a full game year.
3. At least learn to style my hair. Gonna change my nerdy look. I was so down in the dumps recently, coming to a realization that I'm just a know-it-all nerdy loser with buck teeth and a typical unappealing appearance compared to the people around me. I wasn't a fan of physical appearances and impressions before, but apparently, the society I'm in, shaped me into who I am today. My desperation for a more attractive look and personality. My feelings of personal inadequacies. I think I'll leave this for later.
4. Figure how to make full (and good) use of the glass bottles. It'll be a shame if they gather dust.
5. Work out. Make this a priority. I may be relatively built compared to the old me, but there are flaws. My still-skinny limbs (oh dear those poor chicken legs and pathetic wrists) and my slight paunch, I suppose. There are so many tell-tale signs that I'm lacking of proper training and diet. Oh, and enough sleep. If I can't have a charming face, the least I could do is to get ripped (or in shape) to boost my physical appearance.
6. Get real on baking. It's no use drooling over the magnificent pastry wonders done by the awesome bakers in Youtube and MasterChef. Just do it.
7. And hopefully, don't let this blog fade out of existence.
Seems less like a break now, doesn't it? Feels so good to waste my vacation on mundane stuff. After all, I'm not a fan for change. I'm a procrastinator, and I don't have the power to change that. I know, this alienates me from my peers, and hinders me from getting any future dates, but still.....
Old habits die hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment